Thursday, March 31, 2011

And now the girls from Blue Door

So what do you think about this “Spring” Weather?  I know March is supposed to be in like a lion out like a lamb, but does that pertain to days?  As in, this morning it snowed this afternoon my son had baseball practice and didnt even need a jacket??!!  Today was a nice break.  I’m holding out hope that I can pull out my shorts soon. 
We are marching forward quickly with the boutique opening, and I wanted to make some more introductions.
Natalie and Katie of Blue Door, and I go “way back”  Natalie was involved in our boutique a few different times.  She had great ideas!  My personal favorite, flower picks that read "grow dammit".  She is an amazing photographer and a busy, busy mom.  Katie is a friend of hers that lives close.  Together, they have tried to offer  things that meant little to us during our childhood, but take us back to those school days.  They offer many vintage inspired items and great antiques as well as Natalie's photos.
Welcome to Blue Door! We are Katie and Natalie, friends and owners of our little shop. We like big hair, raising babies, local bakeries, and anything old and on sale! We are both eager thrifters and love to scourge for a good deal. We have both been collecting antiques and vintage items for years, and recently decided to come together and sell some of our prized treasures. Which ever ones we could bear to part with, of course! 
Both natives of Utah, we are both currently living with our families in Lehi. You can learn more about us and view some of the items we will be selling at our web site http://www.bluedoorgirls.com/
I love the way these girls throwback to old school house days.  It reminds me of much simpler days.  Maybe thats what intrigued me about them in the first place.  
How about you, have we piqued your interest yet?  How bout if I throw in some visual stimulation?  Will that help??  OK, here you go...enjoy!
These are the Girls behind Blue Door...is it just me or did this pic make you even more anxious to see really who they were?

I love this chair!  The distressing techniques they use are amazing!

My second grade teacher had a desk just like this.  Maybe not with the drawer liners BUT...man oh man am I taken back!


Well that's all for today!  Think I'll plan a picnic for tomorrow and hope it doesn't rain or snow...which is a valid concern in Utah!  

Molly
  

No comments:

Post a Comment