Sunday, March 6, 2011

How'd we get here?

My name is Molly Wadley Rees. 
Welcome, welcome!  Come in, curl up, let's chat!
Have you ever had a crazy idea?  One that starts out as, "wouldn't it be cool if..." followed by a nervous laugh and a quick "that's crazy"?  This is the story of my "that's crazy" idea.
I'm the typical Stay At Home Mom.  Married, three children, living in the Riverton/Herriman area.  My days are filled with the typical SAHM things; volunteering at school, running kids to sports, cleaning, making dinner.  Am I speaking your language yet? 
In looking for a creative outlet, I along with my sister, and our lovely hubbys came up with Creative Calendars.  We put them in a few boutiques and experienced a little success.  From there the snowball started rolling.  We went from our calendars to other items and from a few boutiques to a few more, then a store in Pleasant Grove.  My sister and I thought our ideas were working so well, why not try hosting a boutique a couple times a year.  Our mom has the cutest little farmhouse in Lehi, my sister and I knew that was exactly the location we wanted.  Again we experienced a great response to our idea.  Problem was this, mom got a little tired of converting her home into a store a few times a year (who wouldn't) and we grew too big for our britches and ran out of storage room.  So we called it quits.  
Meanwhile, my dad was in the process of building his bowling center in Lehi.  I had the thought, "I should open a store using one of the units he is building to the side of the bowling center ."  I followed that thought with, "That's crazy!" but I couldn't let go.  So, I threw out my idea to members of my family.  They confirmed that I was indeed crazy, but they hopped aboard the crazy train and are still riding with me today, cheering me at every turn.


This is my passion.   I want to offer antiques, furniture, and home decor at a decent price.  Antiques in Utah can be so overpriced.  We have a lot of talent here in Utah,  I have been led to many talented people who have become vendors.  They do incredible work and I am very excited to showcase their merchandise.  I'm excited to work with them, and I'm excited to bring these talents to one spot and to share them with you!  
As for location, well,  I grew up in Lehi , it holds my youth, my memories, my dreams.  Now I get to give a little of my heart back to the town that raised me.  
I'm excited to open Forget Me Not Boutique and want to thank everyone who has helped to make it happen!
Stay tuned!  While we have a few weeks before we open the doors, there is a lot going on!
On here, I'll be adding vendor bio's and other fun things.  On Facebook, we'll keep you entertained with pics, blurbs, and updates to opening dates and activities.  
Thanks for "chatting" with me, cant' wait to see you again...on here and in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment